We Use Scrum For Your Benefit. ®
EHS Risk Mitigation
Baron’s EHS (Environmental, Health & Safety) Risk Mitigation program has been developed based on the needs of our clients to reduce risk and uncertainty. The EHS Risk Mitigation program features a series of periodic, customized visits that focus on an individual facility’s needs.
The key focus area of this program revolves around proactive health & safety and environmental management. Our ultimate goal is to provide our clients with the peace of mind that comes with fully compliant EHS programs. To start that process, we will work closely with our clients to identify and select the areas of highest concern. From there, a schedule of periodic visits by Baron personnel will be established to help uncover other items at risk, provide long-term solutions for EHS issues, and keep the client informed of the latest regulatory changes, agency guidance and news, and enforcement trends.
"Baron’s EHS Risk Mitigation Program is like having a quarterly focused audit, but with a friendly face on the other side of the table. The Baron staff was able to dissect all of my compliance programs and neatly summarize the requirements into a simple “Who, What, Where, and How Often” format that helped me to know exactly what I need to stay in compliance and to keep all of the requirements organized. It is definitely money well spent and I highly recommend it to anyone that wears multiple hats."
- Facility Manager
Flavor and Fragrance Manufacturer
EHS Risk Mitigation keeps you ahead of the curve.
Features of the EHS Risk Mitigation Program:
• Significant risks are eliminated. Facility Managers (and others within the company) have liability not only for civil financial penalties, but also for criminal enforcement if knowing violations are unaddressed.
• A single penalty from any agency can easily be $15,000 or more, which far exceeds our annual risk mitigation cost. For example, having fluorescent lamps improperly stored (or even improperly labeled) carries a penalty of $9,000 to $16,000 per violation. We see this violation and many other easily correctable items on a regular basis.
• The risk mitigation work will involve other key individuals (as designated by the Facility Manager), where an “EHS team” will further develop as a result of the program. This builds the support and knowledge base of employees to support the Facility Manager for program-specific inspections by DEP, EPA, and OSHA. For example, if the Maintenance Manager is designated to assist Baron with a particular environmental program review during one or more visits, he/she will essentially be trained, become more familiar with those program requirements, and be in a better position to assist the Facility Manager with maintaining the program.
• Regulations and guidance documents change frequently. Baron’s team regularly attends DEP conferences, EPA webinars, and the like. We incorporate this insight directly into each Risk Mitigation visit by adding it to the agenda.
• As part of the program, we create bulleted summaries and specific action items that will provide detailed knowledge to the Facility Manager for each of his EHS program areas. This data will be current and highly valuable for making appropriate decisions throughout the year.
• There are clear enforcement patterns by the agencies. Similar to regulatory changes, we strategically address and manage enforcement patterns within each of the program visits. This strategy alone can pay for the program in its entirety if one violation is corrected as a result of tracking recent/local enforcement activity, and addressing the specific item in advance of a visit.
We provide solutions for compliance in several areas:
Air Emissions and Air Permitting
Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure
Toxics Release Inventory (TRI reporting)
Industrial Hygiene Monitoring
Auditing of EHS Program
Lean Leadership Training
Safety & Environmental Training