New NJDEP Greenhouse Gas GHG Monitoring and Reporting
A new Greenhouse Gas (GHG) monitoring and reporting rule (N.J.A.C. 7:27E) has recently come into effect which requires certain facilities to register with the NJDEP by 11/1/22. The registration fee is $400 for a period of 5 years. After registering, the facility is required to submit an annual report by April 1st each year.
The new rule applies to owners or operators of facilities that install or operate at least one refrigeration system (including refrigerators, freezers and chillers) with a full charge of 50 pounds or more of high-GWP (global warming potential value) refrigerant (including R-22, R-134a, and many others). Registration is NOT required for any HVAC/air conditioning units with charges of 50 pounds or more of high-GWP refrigerant. If you identify that your facility meets this applicability, then you need to register following the direction below:
The rule requires eligible facilities to register online with the NJDEP via DEPOnline by 11/1/22. Each user will need to add an additional service to their NJDEP account in order to complete this registration.
The registration includes information such as:
• Name of facility, including a facility identifier such as store number, if any;
• Facility mailing address including street address, city, state, and zip code;
• Physical location of the facility, including street address, city, state, and zip code;
• Facility's North American Industry Classification System code number (NAICS Code), if applicable;
• New Jersey Employer Identification Number or Federal Tax Identification Number; and
• Responsible Official's name, title, phone number, and e-mail address.
The annual report module on the DEPOnline system which will not be available until January 1st 2023 is anticipated to include specific information on each piece of equipment and annual refrigeration usage. The facility will be required to maintain records for 5 years including refrigerant system service and leak repairs, annual reports and records of data, measurements and calculations used to determine the full charge of each piece of equipment.
- - - The Baron Environmental team-based approach makes environmental, health & safety compliance simple, efficient, and stress-free for people within pharmaceutical manufacturing, life sciences, and other product manufacturing industries. See for yourself how we streamline burdensome regulatory requirements that many companies often face alone. If you have a technical question, then send us an email using email@example.com In most cases, we will get back to you the same day. Alternatively, click here to see our calendar and schedule a 30-minute call directly on our website.